Who We Are
Constituted in 1998, the SADC Banking Association’s (SADC BA) existence finds root in the CCBG’s wish that a federation of banking associations, from the SADC region, be created to interface with them on matters relating to regional financial integration in general, and the SADC Finance and Investment Protocol (FIP) specifically.The SADCBA is therefore a recognised structure of the CCBG.
Over the years the SADCBA has increased its participation on CCBG sub-committee structures and today it plays an active role in the payments, financial markets, banking supervision, and exchange control sub-committees. As a participant on the payment’s sub-committee, the SADCBA is intrinsically involved in their ground breaking Payments Project. The SADCBA views this project as being both strategic and necessary for the advancement of banking in SADC.
Beyond the CCBG agenda, the SADCBA provides a regional banking leadership platform for strategic direction to be given on matters pertinent to the transformation of the banking sector in the region. Being conscious of a collective duty to promote and transform the whole of SADC into a dynamic and well integrated economic block, the SADCBA is taking the necessary steps to maximise the cooperation of member banking associations to encourage, inter alia:
- The creation of an environment for the development and proliferation of harmonised, inclusive, and sustainable banking services in SADC.
- Co-operation with national regulators in the pursuit of complementary goals in order to achieve integrity and credibility with respect to banking services in the region.
- Improved technical and regulatory capacity of member associations to make their financial markets more attractive to both regional and international investors.
In this context and currently, financial literacy, topical regulatory compliance issues, and SADC BA Payments Training are the core work themes for the Secretariat.
SADC Banking Association
Who we are
SADC Banking Association Board Members
We have created alliances with recognized entities that contribute to improving quality of banking in the SADC region.
- Lesotho Bankers Association
- DR Congo Bankers Association
- Madagascar Bankers Association
- Malawi Bankers Association
- Mozambique Bankers Association
- Namibia Bankers Association
- Seychelles Bankers Association
- Swaziland Bankers Association