Public-Private Partnerships (PPPs)
The Southern African Development Community (SADC) Banking Association is pleased to offer national, state, or municipal/local level professionals an opportunity to further their Public-Private Partnership (PPP) planning and implementation objectives in 2021. In cooperation with the Institute for Public-Private Partnerships (IP3), we are offering two intensive online training programmes, PPP Foundations, and Essentials of Project Finance.
The overall goal of these programmes is to provide practical, hands-on, and results-oriented experience to organisations and institutions that are currently designing, planning on designing, or implementing public-private partnership programmes.
These programmes each consist of four scheduled online lectures completed over two weeks, with self-paced exercises and discussion forums following each interactive webinar. Upon completion of each course, participants will receive one continuing education unit (CEU) toward an IP3 PPP Specialist or Project Finance Specialist certification.
Who Will Benefit?
- Executive decision-makers
- Senior government employees
- Private sector practitioners
- Finance, economics, legal, procurement, environmental, risk, and engineering practitioners involved with infrastructure and service delivery
To determine if you are eligible for this scholarship, please review the attached materials and follow these three easy steps:
- Complete the attached application form with a motivation letter explaining your eligibility for this scholarship
- E-mail the completed form and motivation letter to Pat Adams of the SADC Banking Association at PPPs@sadcbanking.org
- Once your application has been approved, you will be notified. Accept your SADC/IP3 scholarship and take advantage of knowledge that is proven to increase competency in PPP projects.
Essentials of Project Finance (F-10)
Essentials of Financing PPPs is an introduction to the financing of public-private partnerships (PPPs) and establishes a foundation in finance for more advanced learning. The program provides the knowledge necessary for delivering successful PPP projects. In an experiential online learning environment, participants will gain an understanding of what is needed to balance the affordability, commercial viability, and bank ability of public-private partnership projects.
PPP Foundations is an introduction to PPP procurement, project design, and implementation. This course illustrates the basic framework for executing PPP projects and is recommended for more advanced training in this field. Participants receive an overview of PPP procurement, project structuring, and an introduction to project finance and the core elements of PPP bankability.