Next Course Dates
29 January 2021
8- 12 February 2021
From 11:00 to 12:30 each day
Microsoft Teams online platform
The SADC – RTGS Payments training course offers an in-depth insight into the specialised world of cross—border payments which facilitate crucial financial market activities and large, time-critical commercial transactions. Developed by industry experts in this field, it explores the many dimensions that impact this discipline, including the technology, clearing, settlement, liquidity and risk management, legal and regulatory aspects.
- Describes the context of SADC regionalization, SADC- RTGS platform, benefits of using the system and cross border payments
- Describes the technical infrastructure that supports the high value payments and settlement environment
- Provides an insight into the activities that take place in important financial markets prior to settlement
- Explains key concepts
- Describes the mechanics of high value payments with associated messaging flows and accounting processes
- Describes the Payment Processing and Settlement Operations
- Identifies risks to which payment and settlement systems are exposed and explains how these can be mitigated
- Describes the standards used
- Describes the Scheme rules developed for High value Payments
- Outlines the major elements of the regulatory environment within the cross-border space
- Describes the SADC-RTGS Web and functionality
- Outlines key initiatives that are currently in progress and developments that are likely to shape the future direction of cross border payments.
for further information please send
an email to email@example.com
Who should attend?
- Operational staff responsible for high value payments processing
- Treasury staff responsible for managing liquidity
- Risk Managers and Compliance Officers
- Technical staff involved in high value payments related systems development
Why should you attend?
- Increased awareness of where the High Value Payments system fits into the cross border overall payments landscape
- Improved understanding of the monetary and fiscal policy tools used to manage the supply of money in the economy and how this relates to banksʼ liquidity management activities
- A good grasp of legal and regulatory concepts
- Message types used for cross border payments
- A better understanding of the rules behind the payments processes for cross border payments in the SADC region.
- A better understanding of the SADC-RTGS web and its functionality